Where is the LAN port!

Sorry that you’re frustrated… I think you’ll receive helpful and productive answers from the community if you explicitly list exactly what you have attempted so far to get connected to WiFi.

1 Like

Its similar to an Amazon Echo, you connect to it with a phone app or PC and make changes/connection that way.

I had issues with the app not proceeding. I got out of sync by either pressing or not pressing continue at the right time. If you hold down the button for ten seconds on start it should reset the process. Also log out of the app and start over.

I forget if pressing continue should happen before or after switching to the GF ad hock network. Try doing both and hopefully you will find the secret handshake.

Wifi Troubeshooting guide.

https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/wi-fi

2 Likes

Here it is:

Unfortunately, they chose not to use it for production. :frowning:

15 Likes

Fairly certain this response missed the intent of the post, which I believe was frustration at the fact that they did not include one.

2 Likes

Where did you find that?

Inside my Glowforge.

11 Likes

:joy: seriously, where are you finding documentation of the Glowforge internal hardware? Assume you didn’t take this photo yourself.

he did full tear down

1 Like

Oh wow! I would love to see the photos. Have they been published?

Best laugh of the day man. Thanks for that! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Here:

7 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Don’t thank me – @scott.wiederhold’s the one doing the dirty work! :wink::grinning:

2 Likes

(Total guess)

Stuck on step 5?

Click the continue button at the bottom of the page, then connect to the gf and go to the appropriate URL.

After hours of frustration, three computers, one phone, one table and one networking certification later… my garage has its own router. WAEP2x whatever (I know that’s wrong)

Fairly certain that it’s been no secret that the machine uses wifi.

1 Like

I’m so sorry you had trouble connecting to Wi-Fi. It looks like you are up and printing now, so I’m going to close this topic.

Please post a new topic or email us at support@glowforge.com if you have any other questions.