Whimsical bird on a leaf

Inspired by another thread, I decided to try something I’d thought about a few times:

Now to mount it…

66 Likes

Very nice! I haven’t seen a regular leaf in a while, but I imagine I’ll be causing a fire in my GF if I do find one.

7 Likes

Ooooo, very pretty! And there’s an abundance of material available to try that technique now—thanks for the inspiration.

4 Likes

Beautiful design. I recall looking at books that had not been read recently and finding leaves left in them perhaps ten years or more. I would bet if you pressed them like that first…

6 Likes

Holy cow! That’s awesome

6 Likes

That’s really neat!

4 Likes

You were inspired, and now you are inspirational. I have lots of this material available and more to come. Thanks for sharing this. It is beautiful.

7 Likes

So delicate looking!

3 Likes

Pretty! Love that design on it!

3 Likes

That’s so pretty. Not a medium that would have occurred to me.

2 Likes

Wow! All of my experiments with leaves and bark have led to dumpster fires! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I just keep thinking how a framed set of three of these would make awesome wall décor! I need to try this when I move into the new house! (We’re still packing.)

3 Likes

I have three frames, but feel I need to find differently-shaped leaves.

That one was on my deck from the tree that shades my house…

2 Likes

I understand!

(I was just pondering on that myself, whether I should find three leaves here in California to bring with me, or find three nice ones in NC…)

1 Like

Some clear spray to maybe stop it from turning into dust later?
Watched a video that was taking grapes with vodka injected and fast dipping them into a heavy sugar water mixture.
It gave them a very hard but clear outer coat. Not sure a fragile leaf would handle that though and nobody will be eating it, so…

2 Likes

6 Likes

Very cool! I often wondered if you could do that without it just burning up. Now to find leaves…in southern cali. LOL

6 Likes

Looks like fun

1 Like

Now that is interesting. Maybe put that into resin.

1 Like

That’s awesome would you be willing to share the settings? Gonna grab a couple leaves from outside to try haha

2 Likes