White screen instead of showing laser bed

For the past few days I haven’t been able to cut any of my designs. This morning I tried again and it worked for 1 print. Then when I tried to cut the exact same thing on the exact same piece of material, the camera wasn’t showing the empty spots where I just cut. I turned off the machine, restarted my computer, and was able to cut 1 more item. Now I just see a white screen in the bed where my material is. I’m using proofgrade material for all of my items, although the piece that I have in there is missing a portion of the sticker because of a previous cut.

Using my machine and designing new items has been my outlet for the past 2 weeks and now I’m just frustrated. Please help!

Did you clean all 4 lenses and camera?

Yes. I usually wipe them with a soft sunglasses cloth. The prints I’m cutting today take 55 seconds to 2 minutes to cut. I have cut 8 items in 3 hours. I give up for today.

Might help to clear your cache and restart your browser. Seems like every time the UI messes up for me, that’s the fix, and of course it’s always the LAST thing I think of…!

I noticed that if I close my browser after I cut, it helps, but not every time. Plus, that would take me forever to get anything done. I’ll try what you suggested because you’re right, it’s the last thing I think of as well. Thank you!

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear you ran into trouble. I’m afraid we’ll need more information to investigate further.

If possible, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? I know you did mention that it’s just white, but we want to check the other elements in your Workspace for any signs that might point to the issue. Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the Workspace elements as possible.

To take a screenshot:

Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Send us the screenshot, and let us know what time it was taken, and we’ll be happy to take a look.

Thank you for replying! I shut it down already, so I’ll see if I have the same issue tomorrow morning.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.