Who else makes small parts? Brake disc

I don’t see that as an option in the store? Do you have a link?

1 Like

When they’re that tiny, I’ll bet kerf starts to be really important.

I think I got it at inventables.com at least a year ago, sorry I don’t have the link.

It’s critical, I use .0035" for a half kerf and it’s dead on.

2 Likes

Here it is…

Wheel and pedals turn, the pedal joints took forever to get to work right, the tolerances were crazy tight!

22 Likes

I cut some little washers that I needed for a project. (With lots of extras cause I lost more of them than I used.) :smile:

Cool unicycle!

10 Likes

Thanks! That washer looks like food for the crumb tray, my new trick is to use clear tape to pick tiny parts up before I move anything, that is of course if it doesn’t drop through before the tasks are even done.

Put a sheet of alu. foil down, that will prevent tiny parts from vanishing into the abyss.

What I have also done is elevate the sheet that they’re cut from, and changed the focus height to suit.

2 Likes

Yeah, there are a bunch still in the tray. :smile:

:exploding_head: :scream: :exploding_head:
I am thinking the mountain-unicycle riding club would be a pretty small crowd. It makes my aches and pains hurt just thinking about it. Noting also that the rest of the brake mechanism is missing and really curious how that would happen (pedaling backward to set the brake would cause a lot of breaking)

P.S. Happiest of cake days!!! :partying_face: :tada: :partying_face:

1 Like

Not unicycle related at all, but I just couldn’t stop thinking about this video, and I hope it entertains y’all as much as it does me every time I watch it…

1 Like

No wonder he beat my time, he’s going down hill.

1 Like

How’s he even sit down? :joy:

2 Likes

I would love to see someone do that on the unicycle, on the other hand a modified Catrike that could make that run would be cool.

1 Like

Gotta love that announcer. I hope he has kids. Can you imagine him at their soccer matches?

We have a downhill course similar to that near my house. I hike up there (but not on the mountain bike trail… I’m not crazy) and seeing those guys come flying by is incredible.

2 Likes

Chances are, part of that bike was cut out or some graphics were etched by good ol’ lasers!

1 Like

@ rbtdanforth
You are right, I decided against the braking system and forgot that I took the picture before removing that half of the forks with the calipers, just looked messy.

1 Like

I like it a lot!

1 Like

Love seeing such a tiny use for the Glowforge.

Thanks! Ironically, the very part that started this thread was scrapped in this version of the model.

2 Likes