Who will be our first Pro?

There you go I just updated the spreadsheet with my information.

1 Like

My Pro order was placed on September 24, 2015 at 7:31AM, so I was very early on (first day of crowdfunding campaign)… I’m not the most active on the forums however, so that may push me down the “priority list”.

I haven’t received any notification emails yet… Patiently waiting to see the forum activity on June 30th!

3 Likes

I’m also super anxious to hear updates on pro orders getting emails saying their units are ready and getting actually shipped and received, but Dan has mentioned before that June 30 is sort of a soft deadline:

well based on the timetable dan’s been using lately, the august production report should be around shortly to give us an update :laughing:

5 Likes

That’s a more optimistic way of looking at things than worrying that it means we won’t get another update until August and they can avoid having to post any updates shortly after pros are scheduled to start shipping :smirk:

2 Likes

Or a July - Part Deux :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The terminology they use is always a little confusing. Where I would use the term “Shipping” as the product is on the loading dock with a label on it, waiting for the shipper to pick it up, They seem to have transformed the term from something like “Order acknowledged” or "Ready to Produce"
Hopefully the Pro production line starts tomorrow, and a bunch of Pro people get their emails tomorrow. Although the way the first round of e-mails went out, I’m thinking Pro production is not going to start tomorrow. ;(

2 Likes

The last email received update shows as 8 days ago. could this be indicative of the shift of production from Basic to Pro?

Should a column be added for “Regular” members?

Bummer for those Basics who ordered on the first day if they don’t get their units before Pro production starts, when others who ordered after the campaign have got theirs.

1 Like

As someone who ran a manufacturing supply chain, pulling it from the inventory to go to shipping would alleviate it from inventory but we didn’t book the revenue or consider it shipped until it was shipped (i.e. handed to shipper for their delivery process to occur).

Of course every company has their own processes.

1 Like

You guys are in my wheel house here so one thing to note is that Flex doesn’t necessarily need to ship the part to realize and book the sale of a glowforge since they’re a supplier. I have seen a ton of contacts where the suppliers are paid for the completion of the part and ship in place to get paid. We would also have contracts in which the suppliers would be paid a portion of the total at specific stages of their process.

With that being said, Flex may not care that they’re holding completed inventory as they know it won’t be long and they’re being paid to hold it while they do

1 Like

Hah! Gave up on that definition of shipped about 300 Ebay purchases ago. I sometimes get a “It’s Shipped” notice within minutes of purchase at 3am their local time. UPS pickup sometimes a week later. But agree your definition is a far more correct and preferred way of doing it.

3 Likes

It definitely follows GAAP better than anything else. Every company is different though and whennut comes to ebay, it’s a total crapshoot

1 Like