Whoooooo's Steampunk Now?

Here’s another steampunk design. Took me a while to get this owl just the way I wanted it, since I didn’t have the option of a brighter color base, like with the fish.
He’s made totally from wood - no rusty findings were harmed in this project - and perched on his stand, he’s almost 8" tall. I used a faux rotary phone dial for his belly, since I didn’t want to replicate the clock look, and wouldn’t you know it… someone has ALREADY asked if it could be adapted as a clock.

Sheesh…

52 Likes

Super cool. Crazy it’s all wood. Great job

8 Likes

Absolutely stunning, though it does beg to be a clock. But then in the classic steampunk times you would pick up the ear piece and talk to the operator (say her name was Alexa) and Say " Alexa, Please call this person" and she would connect you. So it was a lot more primitive than the dial.

7 Likes

This award is very rare and now you are among —-some of the best and most creative Glowforge artists.

I am also giving you the title —Official Glowforge Steampunk Designer.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure if that were in front of me in a shop, I could not resist buying it. Fantastic design.

10 Likes

Wow you sure nailed that rusty texture. I love this!

5 Likes

I’d like to thank all the rusty, crusty designers out there who inspired me. And all of the sage, wise voices on this forum who have encouraged me. I am honored.

6 Likes

May I suggest the owl sport a crest shaped like a telephone bell?

I agree with @chris1 this just cries out to be taken home!

5 Likes

I still have nightmares of misdialling a phone number with zeros. Thanks for bringing those memories back
. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But, seriously, what a great design!

8 Likes

OMG! I love that piece! Now, to make it from wood…

4 Likes

This owl is so adorable! Love your finish!

2 Likes

Same! It’s always a number full of 9s and 0s and I keep messing up and having to start over again and it’s SO stressful!

1 Like