Whovians Unite! (AKA The Doctor Who Wedding & Reception) **IDEAS NEEDED** please

I think that would be awesome … but with as shy as my fiance’ is…and me not knowing the extended family…if they are not fans…that might be a bit much for them to comprehend on what was going on. Party party…awesome. If our Maker Space still had a physical location, oh yeahhhhhhhhhhh that would have been perfect. I think that does sound cool.

1 Like

oh yes…thingiverse and myminifactory.com are my first stops for things to print. This is the largest Tardis I could print on my Ultimaker 3 (TARDIS with drawers by theintrospective - Thingiverse) and it still needs the wiring done to light it up. Can’t wait to see what I can make with this:
Navy blue on white acrylic

I posted on their page with the blue on white because the picture posted by a customer looked like a lighter bright blue – told them I wanted something close to “Tardis blue” and they recommended the navy. Someone asked about whether a light could be seen through and they said yes…so thinking a larger version of this same project??? hmmmm on 2nd thought if I want to engrave, I probably just need a dark blue…engrave…and cut holes for the windows and add those inside. Glad I talked it out with all of you… :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @kennethclapp … I hope we do too. It’s a great inspiration to dig into the GF and it’s potentials…I imagine I will have a lot of Dr Who related items to show when it’s all said and done. I say this as Philip (fiance’) has been playing with Dr Who themed tiles (those would make definite inexpensive gifs for our guests to take home!!) It’s fun to plan something like this…

Wow…lots of ideas I hadn’t thought of! I like the cocktail stirrers idea! Is the acrylic we would use in PG or the Inventables safe to use for that? Also love the “Spoilers” for the program. :wink: …although I had thought of our vows to be that.

I liked that idea and spoke to his mom about that…but she said the family is really hard to get to bring dishes (to holiday gatherings) … I just hate not to feed if they have driven all the way out … cake doesn’t seem like enough. Sounding like a taco bar might be the easiest and maybe least expensive. Just have to figure out WHERE to have this … my son’s house, although large by my standards, is too small to hold a large wedding and reception. Still want the wedding there (thus keeping it small and intimate) and then a reception that can hold us all and let us bring our own food. oh the decisions. :thinking::hushed: