Why are pages hidden unless you are logged in to discussion community?

(this is a question for GF support)

Why are the support pages, and the design catalog, hidden if you are not logged into the discussion community?

Browsing the site:

Logged in to community:

1 Like

It has been that way from the first. I was annoyed that I could not see many pages until my Blowforge arrived. even now even though you may be logged in the community the dashboard is not available from many pages.

1 Like

The general public has no use for accessing the dashboard and the catalog to a lesser extent. I can understand a new GF owner wanting to explore and check it out but until you have a machine those two pages have no real value. Overall I think its just a way to reduce the website clutter and not have a bunch of dead end links for people just looking into getting a GF. This is just my assumption on the matter however, i don’t actually know. Now that I have my GF I have a bookmark that leads directly to the dashboard.

2 Likes

I never said anything about the dashboard.

Looking back to the time between when I purchased the machine and when it was delivered I was able to get to the discussion pages but neither the ability to purchase any materials or designs nor the dashboard, even though obviously others who by then had received their machines were actively discussing them . It was only after getting my machine and setting up that those pages became available.

2 Likes

My bad, i kinda went on a tangent. But again, if the person does not have their machine what purpose would support serve them outside of shipping issues which then falls onto the delivery company over GF.

That’s a great question, our website doesn’t do that now, but I’m going to send it to our product team with a note that it came from a customer request.

I’m going to close this thread - if you have any additional suggestions, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like