Why can't you keep inventory in the store? Many items are constantly out

A project is half done, and I need another sheet of white acrylic. Pretty commonly needed material I would suspect. But your store is OUT. This is a very common occurrence. The splash page says ‘hundreds of materials’ but you stock less than 70, including the different sizes and thicknesses. The site is infested with the ‘sold out’ button, so much so that today, I counted every product in size and thickness, and the ones that were sold out. 78 items, including all the Glowforge parts, and 49 of them were sold out. That’s 63% of your store SOLD OUT. C’mon folks. Some of these things are critical, like the lenses and other parts.

Lack of basic inventory is not a confidence builder…

Remember there is a pandemic.

6 Likes

It’s been like this since I received the laser cutter. before the Pandemic.

1 Like

And what was bad became worse. Cast acrylic is pretty much the same from anyone and a search here will bring up many names. They will also have issues due to the pandemic, but as their base volume is higher you may or may not get things quicker.

3 Likes

I’m terribly sorry for the inconvenience. I understand how frustrating it is to get stuck in the middle of a project. As our CEO, Dan Shapiro, shared in our June announcement, we’ve been having record challenges in keeping Proofgrade materials in stock.

To let you know what happened, our Operations team has been working with our warehouse to manage production and staging impacts of COVID-19. Additionally, we’ve been having record challenges of keeping Proofgrade materials in stock. Suppliers of acrylic, wood, leather, and other products are experiencing their own challenges with staffing because of the crisis.

I’d like to give you some resources to help you finish your project. If there’s a Joann near you, they may have the Proofgrade material you want in stock for curbside pick-up.

In addition, your Glowforge can print on non-Proofgrade acrylic as long as the supplier can confirm for you that it is laser-compatible. For example, I believe Inventables sells acrylic that they claim is laser compatible, and we’ve found them to be a good supplier in the past. You should confirm with the supplier you choose, though, as we can’t give authoritative advice for other companies’ products.

Again, I apologize for the difficulty this has caused you.

2 Likes