Telephone support

That reminds me…it’s been a few months since the item we don’t speak of was last mentioned. Guess all the irate people who stared at it with envy finally got theirs.

3 Likes

I had waited 7 months so I presume folks who waited over 2 years have gotten theirs

sometimes I call verizon customer support to complain, and we don’t even have verizon in canada…
but it feels good and I hear they deserve it.

I just would mention that if you have issues printing you can probably get good answers right on this forum from memebers, many of whom generously spends a huge amount of time trying to help.

4 Likes

This is true, but yesterday somebody posted a problem where their glowforge is not printing perfect squares. As of now there has been no official response. This is a pretty serious problem and it would be great to get somebody very quickly. The fact that they have to wait days to hear from a rep is a problem. But the issue will not be solved right away. They will probably come back with the usual questions and have them print out something on proof grade. This could be handled with a call. Perhaps this problem is a known problem and it must be fixed in the factory. They could start the process right away.

2 Likes

Very likely but that is bonkers. It should cut square on any material, not just proof grade.

Seems like a design problem to me. There doesn’t seem to be anything to force it to be square other than the wheels. How many people test their machines for squareness?

thats also why i founded a startup in this area. We are developing a smart chatbot based on augmented reality and machine learning (enough buzz words in one sentence) . maybe you see this oneday when you have a glowforge problem :wink:

I have had good experiences with the live chat feature on different sites, where support can interact with multiple individuals simultaneously.

3 Likes

In my experience telephone support is far less efficient and is a difficult medium to diagnose and relay information through. A simple in application messaging system would work wonderfully in this situation. It could easily keep track of the context, automatically grab diagnostics, and satisfies peoples need to know they are heard while giving the support staff time to properly diagnose the issue and respond in more detail. It seems like the main issues people have with the current situation is that they feel like they are not being heard.

4 Likes

Totally agree… it would lock in the time//date, account, etc.

BUT, a glaring issue with that is the solo experience. I have not made many mistakes that I probably would have because I followed someones issue here on the forum.
Doing a on-on-one within the GUI defeats the ability for others to avoid the same problems (assuming, as is the case a lot of the time, it was less than a busted machine).

2 Likes

There’s a lot of smart points in this thread. The short reason we don’t offer phone support is:

1. We’re hiring great support people as fast as we can find them
  2. We’re very picky, so that’s not very fast
  3. With the people we have, we’re slow on email
  4. Phone is much, much more time consuming than email, so…
  5. If we started doing phone support, it would be multi-hour hold times, AND email would get even slower.

That doesn’t sound like a recipe for improvement, so we’re going to focus on improving our email support for now.

Having spent a lot of time looking at overdue ticket postmortems, we sometimes just mess up (e.g. a ticket gets miss-assigned), but usually slow answers are new problems that require a number of people to puzzle over them (or a new twist to an old problem which means our previous answers don’t apply). I know the square squares question is in that category.

10 Likes

ded

are you open for improving your support with chatbot and distance maintenance with the help of augmented reality and machine learning? Because with our startup we are always looking for pilot projects.
One of our first pilot project is with the german benchmark center of stratasys… and a laser printer is similiar somehow to a 3d printer :wink:

We’re really focused on making email support work and scale well, but by all means shoot me a note at danshapiro@glowforge.com with details, I bet our team would love to look at it at least.

I am completely with you. I am running a business with my glowforge and I have run into several problems that could be solved quickly with a phone call rather than this very slow email process. plus if i get a live person they can answer my question quicker so i can let me customers know what is going on quicker. being the middle man is terrible and very frustrating. Im still waiting back about a problem i had a week ago.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 29 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.