Why Not Roll Your Own?

I don’t think I have enough time or talent to pursue this, but it sure looks interesting.

7 Likes

That was really interesting…

Thanks for posting that.

4 Likes

No way i would attempt that:-)

3 Likes

What he doesn’t tell you is how much stuff he had to scrap because he made it wrong the first time, or how long it took him to do all the work. You can bet it was a substantial investment in time. And as we all know, time is money. But that’s not included in the cost. So this is misleading unless you don’t have to work for a living.

3 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

Many people value their time at $0.00.

That always amazes me. I was a member of a metal working group years ago. the guys would talk about how they bought this Harbor Freight portable bandsaw. and how they did this and that to it. replacing bearings etc. to make it better. I was like damn fellas. buy the 300 dollar Porter Cable Portaband and set about MAKING something. not just spend your time farting around with crappy tools, trying to make them better.

I was making things and they were jacking around with their cheapass tools.

4 Likes

I understand if you find enjoyment doing those things. Then it is entertainment. But for me that is costly work; I would rather just have better tools and be making things with them. That is where I find my enjoyment.

3 Likes

Amen to that!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.