Wierdness Time


#1

So, yesterday, I was engraving some strips for license plate frames for one of my customers and everything went fine, I got 15 sets done and went to bed,

Got up this morning, did another 5 sets and all was fine BUT, when I tried to do the last set, the two graphics on the strips (both ,jpeg files) were no longer pink and one of them now showed a white background. Also, only one set showed the text (exported as an svg in bitmap).

Attached:
This is HARD to see, but this is how it shows on the home screen:
GF1

This is how it shows in the app:
GF2

I needed to reprint a couple of the strips of just the phone number. It LOOKED normal on the app screen, but does NOT engrave normal.

I am confused…


#2

Don’t remember the specifics or the steps to get around this but looks like results I have received when trying to rotate a bitmap in 3rd party S/W. Things can get very blocky if not done right. Might be a completely different problem but looks familiar.


#3

Thanks, but this different. It is the same file used in the version that worked.


#4

Since I had to get this order out to a customer, I deleted the old file and recreated the job and it worked just fine. I am STILL confused :rofl:


#5

more LPI


#6

@n6mon Glad you were able to get the job done at least. Do you mind me asking where you got the license plate frames to engrave? If you don’t want to share, that’s cool too :slight_smile:


#7

The frames and the engravable strips are from Southern Key Tag. They were the most reasonably priced supplier that I found.

http://southernkeytag.com/

http://southernkeytag.com/products/category/frames-and-strips/


#8

Awesome, thnx


#9

Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry I’m slow to respond.

I’m looking into the issue with your design.

  1. Did anything change between the 5 sets that you were able to print and the last set where the artwork turned black? For example, did you close and reopen the design, or reupload the design?

  2. For the print that worked that you referenced in post #5, did you make any changes to the design in design software before recreating the job, or did you just reupload the original file to the Glowforge app?

I’ll also need a bit more information to investigate. Please do the following:

  1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Click the link underneath “Share my system info with tech support”
  3. Copy the highlighted link
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided
  5. If you don’t mind and you still have the original file that didn’t work, please email it to me separately at support@glowforge.com

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

Regarding the phone number engrave that did not print normally, I took a look at the data for the print and it appears the material shifted during printing.

We recommend using scraps of Proofgrade material to weigh down your material if you need to.


#10

No, all I did was open the lid and put new material in.

I deleted the job and recreated it.

All of this was done from Firefox 57.0.4

It did not move, it just printed with very coarse stair stepping.


#11

Thanks for providing that information. I’ll keep looking into this.


#12

I’ve researched the logs in depth for the phone number prints. Different settings were used for the first and second prints, and that explains the difference in results.

Since you were able to resolve the other issue with the artwork turning black, I’m going to close this post. If you see it again or if you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to post a new topic or email me at support@glowforge.com. I’m happy to take another look.

Happy printing!


#13