Wife wanted a sign to put on her desk at work

So I made her something for Valentine’s day. I don’t know why…I make things for people all the time, but they pay me, so I guess that’s why…but I don’t think I’ve ever made anything for my wife specifically. What a slacker I am. I’ve got to start doing that more often.

26 Likes

Very nice!

I remember a sign my boss had at his desk. It was pretty funny but I doubt he’d get away with it now: “Beatings shall continue until morale improves.”

6 Likes

Very nice!
Just a suggestion - if you make the stand of clear acrylic as well it’s not in the way of the sign. Other solution is to cut another layer of either black or blue acrylic and put it behind the sign.

4 Likes

Oh fantastic idea! Not sure which one I like better… Probably an acrylic stand. Thanks!

2 Likes

An acrylic stand will work well. Also check out a back layer - with this one I did a blue layer behind the clear and it makes the engraving really stand out nicely. I did the engraving on the back (reverse your design) so the front is smooth. It looks fantastic with some light shining from above.

2 Likes

p.s. I make stuff for my husband and his friends all the time - it is too much fun not to and they are so appreciative. :grin:

3 Likes

Oh very cool idea. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Also, you might think it fun to try an edge lit acrylic sign. There are so many posts with photos that might inspire you. Just type in ‘edge lit’ in the search bar and you’ll be on your way.

3 Likes

I’ll look into that. Thank you for the idea!

1 Like

Haha! One of my old bosses had a huge wooden gavel on his desk with the words “Attitude adjuster” engraved on it.

2 Likes

Made a new base with clear acrylic. I plan to cut another color acrylic to put behind it as well!

10 Likes

I’m sure she loved it. Looks great with the acrylic stand!

She loved it with the other one. She’s always appreciative of anything. My wife is amazing and never asks much. :grin:

2 Likes

that one is a classic.

another good one is. “It is hard to soar like an Eagle when you work with Turkeys”

2 Likes

YES - looking great!!!

2 Likes