Wifi-6 will not work with glowforge

I recently upgraded my wifi router to the new wifi 6. I have been struggling to connect just found out today that the Glowforge will not work with Wifi-6. The work around is for me to go back to the older version; (2g &5g) then I loose the advantage of no more pixilation on Netflix. Hopefully Glowforge will upgrade to the improved wifi-6.

The wifi module in the GF is 2.4GHz. There is no “update” that can change that.

edit - your best solution is to use an older wifi router plugged into a physical ethernet port on the new one. The GF and the device you print on do not need to be on the same network, except for initial setup.

3 Likes

Thanks,

The router does not have an other ethernet port to connect too they are all being used.
Another option?

Mike Nolan
President; SCS Food Safety

FAFP Board of Directors
Website; http://scsfoodsafety.com
Email: mike@scsfoodsafety.com
Cell: 941-812-0214
Fax: 941-718-4870
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mike-nolan-3b64a748
Join us on twitter; scsfoodsafety

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance on the contents of the information is strictly prohibited.

Plug the older router into the new router, and use its ethernet ports for local devices. Most don’t need to be on the same network. Disable the overlapping wifi.

Out of about 20 wireless devices, I think only 3 or 4 are actually required to be on the same network as my laptop. Everything else - including the GF - just goes thru “the cloud”…

Your phone number and email are listed in that message, you might want to edit it.

This forum should not allow replies from email, I think it hurts more than it helps.

BTW what’s the current guidance on the minimum safe internal temperature for cooking pork?

2 Likes

I cook pork chops sous vide @135ÂşF for 3hrs+, then sear to finish after letting them cool down.

I had a couple recently that were well over an inch thick. This was the smaller one.

6 Likes

That’s pretty much how I do it too, I want to know the food safety guy’s take since he announced his bona fides. :wink:

Now I’m completely confused. Wifi6 to pork chops and applesauce…

1 Like

It’s OP’s email signature:

I just had to upgrade as well and went from the dual setting to just the one but though it was hard getting the Glowforge to find it, it did eventually do so.

I had all the connect stuff up and the Glowforge would grab the laptop’s connection, and I manually connected the laptop to the net, leaving the glowforge complaining. I did it several times and the glowforge did finally connect.

Not sure it this is a troll post or not, but man, I love your intention. I still long for the chops my mom made back before they cut the back fat off of them. She just used bread crumbs and baked them to get eight chops for the family. They were glorious.

And to the OP: The wifi details are very important for this machine.

3 Likes

Mike Nolan
President; SCS Food Safety

FAFP Board of Directors
Website; http://scsfoodsafety.com
Email: mike@scsfoodsafety.com
Cell: 941-812-0214
Fax: 941-718-4870
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mike-nolan-3b64a748
Join us on twitter; scsfoodsafety

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance on the contents of the information is strictly prohibited.

Eflguy, The Food Code recommends pork to be cooked at 145Ëš.

parasites add flavor?

The Food Code recommends Pork be cooked to an internal temperature of 145Ëš.

2 Likes

Parasites are the second most reason for hospitalizations behind Pathogens and they are very painful.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.