Wifi crashed in middle of engraving now throwing error

My WiFi crashed in the middle of engraving. It says an error occurred. What do I do to get it back to where it was??? Help please!!

Presuming you know your WiFi is back up and the password hasn’t changed:
Start by turning everything off - :glowforge:, computer, router, modem.
Now turn the modem back on - wait until it’s completely done (up to a minute)
Now turn the router back on - wait until it’s completely done (all white lights usually)
Now turn your computer back on.
Go into your browser and clear the cache.
Now turn your :glowforge: back on.
Now go to app.glowforge.com and see if you are back online.

If not, hold down the white button until it turns teal (10-20 seconds) and run through the WiFi setup again like you did when you first got the :glowforge:

Fingers crossed!

1 Like

But if you mean get back to where the project was and complete it? You really can’t. You can run it again, but it’s going to go over the spots it’s already gone over to do so. There’s no functionality to resume a print that was interrupted.

1 Like

There are some things you can try, like editing the design to delete the parts you’ve already cut or covering what you’ve already done with tin-foil, but none are foolproof sadly.

If you’d like help with trying, let us know.

1 Like

Also, by the time the button is blinking ready to start a job the entire file had already been downloaded to the machine memory, so a WiFi interruption after a start will have zero effect. A power loss though would kill a job.

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.