Wifi signal wont show up , again!

Excellent set-up tutorial!

1 Like

Can’t negate the simple possibility it’s just a bad WNIC and it just doesn’t broadcast.

Two machines in a row seems unlikely, but still not impossible I suppose.

2 Likes

I wish i could get to this step , but my GF isnt sending out wifi signal to my computer, thats my issue.

I’m sure Support will give you guidance.

But if it were me… I would download a free basic wifi analyzer tool to see if the GF is trying to communicate to your laptop. There are a bunch of similar Apps for phones, tablets, computers, Android, IOS, etc. You don’t need to know anything about networks or Wifi to see if the machine is broadcasting.

For example, here is free simple tool for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store call “WiFi Analyzer Tool”. Free, simple to install and run. An 8 year old could do it. (I say that not knowing whether you are a tech novice or work as a IT consultant.)

I pressed the Print button for 10 seconds until the light turned teal and ran the Wifi Analyzer tool on my laptop. Here is the main screen. You can see that the GF is broadcasting on Channel 1 with a strong signal.

It’s not necessary that you understand any of it, just that you can see the GF broadcasting with the teal light lit. If you can see the GF then it’s likely that the GF is OK. If not then, it’s not.

I downloaded a similar tool for my Android phone named Net Analyzer. There are dozens of free Wifi Analyzer tools. Pick a basic one.

11 Likes

Excellent help there Rick. :+1:

3 Likes

If you have your wifi set to ‘not broadcast’, does the GFUI have a means to manually set the name, etc, or will you need to broadcast until the GF gets through setup?

No bOb yet, so just curious and asking.

yah i downloaded an Analyzer and no sign of a GF signal. I can’t imagine that i got sent 2 GF’s with no signal!! i cant believe this… so frustrating.

Looks like you did. Did you ever check with GFHQ to see if they confirmed that your first machine couldn’t broadcast?

Just put of curiosity, does it do everything else it’s supposed to do? Bubbly coolant cycling, glowing button, LED lights, head putzes around, “on” noise, etc?

Yah does all that.

1 Like

I havnt checked the tracking to see if they got it. But I can’t imagine they already tested it. They can barely reply to me let alone troubleshoot a machine.

This is the type of situation where standard response times aren’t enough. They should have a priority queue for people who are having problems on initial setup.

3 Likes

I agree

WNIC? I am not sure what that means.

Wireless Network Interface Controler

2 Likes

Since the button is teal, I imagine that all the other steps have been done: packing removed, head attached, door closed.

2 Likes

@coralscatering, I’m sorry we don’t have a solution for you yet. We are very actively researching and will be in touch.

We concluded our investigation. We’ve found a software configuration issue that blocks Wi-Fi setup in a few Glowforge units that came off the line recently. Unfortunately, your new Glowforge seems to be among those affected, and at this point, we can’t solve the problem remotely. I recommend that we make a warranty replacement and will send email in a moment. I am so sorry for the hassle.

1 Like