Wil someone from Glowforge PLEASE answer my email

My Glowforge Pro has been down since last Wednesday. I was told on Thursday that I needed a black lid cable and that was it!!! I have replied to the same email asking when is my part going to be delivered to no vain! I’m extremely disappointed with Glowforge support. I had to remove 90% of my products from my site due to not being able to fill orders!! I’m also a premium member! So now I’m paying on a 6k machine with a monthly subscription and no customer support!

If I would have know Glowforge was not reliable I would have never place my trust an business on this company! I expect a email today!!! And my part to be overnighted to me!!! This is ridiculous.

1 Like

Opening duplicate support tickets (by posting in this section) just slows things down even more for everyone. They are very reliable, but things are complicated right now.

1 Like

Listen I’m not trying to be a pain, but is common curtesy to at least acknowledge your customer. If I was to ignore one of my customers message for days on I would no be in business! So is there’s a problem I make it known. Glowforge has to many excuses and not enough action. Just saying!

2 Likes

That’s fine. Just be aware that you and all the other people who do it this way are just slowing down the responses even more for EVERYONE who is waiting. (Just saying!)

4 Likes

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion! Just saying!!!

1 Like

We all appreciate your frustrations, but just like every other person in the world, they have been impacted by the virus. Their employees are working from home and it’s not a matter of sticking your head in the cubicle next to you and checking on something, The suppliers they use are in the same boat as are any contractors they may be using. This is not something that could have been planned for or you too would have had a backup plan.

@geek2nurse is right. Every time you send a new email or post on the support page you create another support ticket that someone must read and monitor. This duplication doesn’t help you, it ends up slowing things down for you and others waiting on help.

4 Likes

I’ve have been trying to have a problem fixed since last week. I’ve talked with 4 different people COVID isn’t an excuse. I work from home part time and go in the rest of the day and have to answer questions. They are doing a horrible job. I’ve been down almost 1 month. I need help the only way I get it is through this forum. My machine has a electrical smell and I’ve had to shut it off completely. I have a short and my lights aren’t working and my laser jumped off it’s tracks and I’ve replaced the black cable. So when you’re not getting the help you need this is the only place they answer

2 Likes

I totally understand you🥲

They are currently out of stock on black lid cables and are waiting on delivery from their supplier. I agree that they should at least tell you that and give you an estimated date.

1 Like

Agreed. Half the frustration can be managed through good communication.

3 Likes

Exactly, at least if I’m told ‘Hey we have no stock and is going to be whatever time to get some, then I can make other arrangements. But just to be left out on limbo is not cool. I’m ordering another brand today and will have it by Friday! I’ll just use the GF as backup since I can’t really return it. Lesson learned!

1 Like

Totally agree! I wouldn’t have even known what was wrong w/mine if it hadn’t been for this forum & another owner experienced the EXACT thing & posted pics! Zero help from a non existent customer service dept meanwhile we incur all the loss! Crushing to small biz especially this time of year & I AM patient/considerate of COVID however not selling standard replacement parts to owners is negligible. Seriously WHAT THE HELL GLOWFORGE?!?

3 Likes

@mrs.j.miner @CDG

Please don’t get me and @geek2nurse wrong, we totally understand your frustrations. We were merely trying to help you from delaying the process any more than it already has been. I will be the first to admit a lack of communication from them. I had a career building help/support teams for companies in the trucking/communications industry, they need to improve. However whether you think it is valid or not the fact remains that the restrictions and shutdowns have affected every aspect of business.

1 Like

Also, in the last year and a half, they’ve gone from taking 3-7 days to get to things in normal conditions to(well, before the holidays hit again) same day(1 day-often on weekends when they’re shut) replies all while selling more and more units that will have a certain % of failure regardless of cause. Last year’s holiday season saw 5-10 days sometimes.

Now, holiday rush again and they got hit hard last year and I’m sure it’s even worse this year with all the newest owners just coming in. Just seems bad timing that so many new purchasers bought just before the holidays so that normal rate of failures(DOAs, ups/FedEx issues, customer mistakes, parts wearing out, etc) are all hitting at once combined with states continuing to be in flux about being open or in lock down with those suppliers maybe being open or not depending on how the governments classify them.

And let’s not get on the train again about their communication policy. This is one of the core tenants the business is built on. Nothing is said until there is something to say. It’s been a day one policy and a day one gripe.

2 Likes

There is a point as a start up you grow to big to serve your existing customers. You have to grow your company support structure as you grow your customer base. No one who purchases a laser will buy one if they thought they didn’t require customer service. This is part of the customer value proposition. It’s not just to sell a GF.

Brand new to GF, bought a PRO, invested in everything to make it possible to enjoy my December including my annual vacation. Couldn’t buy proof grade materials and definitely feel neglected by customer service. I would prefer they were just honest with me and I would have kept my money in the bank until they became available fully supported.

1 Like

Please by no means take anything here as an attempt to dissuade you from how you feel. Just statements of fact about how the company has been doing so, albeit always lagging behind.

I don’t have their data so this is only my impression:

They started out 3-7 days behind in normal everyday times.
Then holiday seasons hit. First year I think they were at minimum a week-10 days. The average I think was a bit higher. A few poor souls went 14 days before the first responses.
Last year wasn’t so bad at what seemed to be about 5-10 day average. This year was the first time we saw times normalize to same day. A really big sales season combined with normal holiday season stuff & its 2020 results in a viewpoint of mine that they aren’t doing that bad at a few days for responses. They are getting faster regardless of how.
I’ve also been here long enough to recognize when they have new staffers. Given the 2020 year, my work has a hard enough time interviewing for in person work. I don’t know how you handle being in a maybe maybe not shutdown state and trying to run a business that may or may not be considered essential services.

Yeah, I hear you.

It is the lack of communication that I find unacceptable and this leads to buyers remorse. Just gets to feel like a $6000+ mistake.

Customer service is important in the buying experience. All companies are focusing on CX because this is how they will survive in the longer term.

I hope someone from GF is reading all these posts and taking away the insights so they get some attention.

In the meantime … I wait in hope.

2 Likes

Same here :weary:

I’m terribly sorry for the delay in getting back to you, and for the frustration it has caused. We have followed up to your email with us, and we’re working on it there so I’m going to close this thread.

Please feel free to start a new topic if you have any other questions.