Wild horses

Last night I had some time, and I had this neat depth map of horses I’d found a while back (NO idea where it’s from, just something I had grabbed back before I even HAD Friggin’ - my Glowforge). Figured it was worth a try:

25 Likes

Very cool!

2 Likes

Wow, that’s pretty amazing! What material did you use?

1 Like

I had some scraps of 1/4" pine leftover from something I made ages ago… Figured it might be better than plywood as it’s all the same wood (and the grain looked nice)

2 Likes

I’m surprised it’s pine. I know there are many different species in the US, but the types I was used to in the SE had very distinct & large softwood between narrow bands of harder wood. It had a distinctive grain that I don’t see in your work. Maybe there’s not enough difference in hardness to affect the burn?

1 Like

Reminds me of my dad’s 19966 mustang with the pony seats in the back!

1 Like

Excuse me while I sweep my jaw up off the floor. OMG! :exploding_head: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: That is stunning! And all the more so for being pine!
Perhaps I am primed as a neighbor of a friend has something similar carved in Afghan Lapiz that I would love to make a 3dimage of but he has been very sick and the friend has not been wanting to disturb him.

In both cases the wildness of the horses and richness of the design is stunning.

I love that! I’ve done a couple horse ‘stuff’ as we have horses. We adopted a wild mustang from the Chugatch (sp) Mountains a few years ago and my husband trained it-his first experience. We just recently sold him… this is beautiful.

1 Like

Cool Engrave!!

2 Likes