With certain files i get stuck on rendering

Could there be extraneous “parts” to the file that are outside the 12x20 boundary?

In the meantime go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ and post the results here - when a staffer gets here that’ll help 'em help you faster :slight_smile:

I’m sorry for the trouble while using the Glowforge App. Thank you for reporting the specific trouble with getting stuck on rendering when trying to open designs which previously worked for you. Our team is currently investigating this and we’ll reach back out here if we need additional information while we look into this.

On a topic separate from the issue with designs getting stuck while rendering, while we were extracting your units logs and taking a look at the recent entries, we found errors which show that it may be having trouble maintaining a stable connection. When this is the case, you won’t need to go through Wi-Fi setup again, but you may see an “Offline” message.

The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet.

1. Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using
  2. Turn off your Glowforge
  3. Unplug your modem
  4. Unplug your Wi-Fi access point
  5. Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on

If that doesn’t work, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:

1. Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
    Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
  • Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
  • Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
  • Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
  • Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
  • Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge
  1. Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
    If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.

I hope this helps your unit connect more reliably. We’ll follow up here once we have more information on the trouble you ran into with designs not moving beyond “rendering”

Thank you for your patience while our team looked into this further. We’ve now made a change on our end. Will you please log back into the Glowforge App and let me know if the trouble has resolved?

1 Like

thank you!

Thank you for working through the steps my colleague Ivan provided. Could you let us know if you are still running into the same snag?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.