Wonder Woman Engraving (MDF)

3D Photo Engrave
Speed 1000
Full Power
Vary Power
Material .27 in MDF

34 Likes

Wow, that is beautiful!

(But I will move this to “Beyond the Manual” unless you want to remove the custom settings? We cannot discuss those unless in that section.)

2 Likes

Oh no worries go for it. This is my first post so I wasn’t sure where it should go. Please do move it where it needs to be I’ll put stuff there in the future if it has custom settings.

4 Likes

Really nice work, it looks incredible!

I assume you edited the picture prior to the engrave?

3 Likes

Actually not so much. It was already a duo-tone. I adjusted the brightness and contrast a bit to brighten up the picture and sharpened it a little bit. Otherwise I just messed with the settings until I found the right ones. The default settings were close but the speed was too slow and was burning the wood. When I got it up to 975 - 1000 it was good and didn’t lose quality of the lines.

2 Likes

That is awesome. I have engraved several images, but I usually had to convert from a color photo. Converted to gray scale and then adjusted the brightness and contrast until I got it where I wanted it.

Thanks for sharing your settings. Do you know the brand of MDF you were using? I have had differences in performance between brands.

2 Likes

Looks great! :grinning:

3 Likes

Nice job on that!

4 Likes

Wow, there is a lot going on there. At first I thought, nice engraving, but now I am trying figure out how you achieved the variations.

3 Likes

The Glowforge did the heavy lifting, it was more finding a setting that didn’t burn the wood and blur the lines.

2 Likes

I didn’t check the brand, it was cheap Home Depot MDF. My local store only had one kind, I just recently found a place online where I started buying wood from. It seems to be better quality. I’ll try and find out what brand home depot sold me.

3 Likes

Looks great!

2 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

This is awesome :heart:

2 Likes

Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman
All the world’s waiting for you
And the power you possess

In your satin tights,