Wonka Tile

With all that is going on in the world today, I keep going back to a quote from Willy Wonka, so I made this tile last night :slight_smile:

33 Likes

Oh, that’s one of my favorite quotes. :sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes

One of my all time favorite movies :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I liked the Johnny Depp version too. Different, but still entertaining. (Doesn’t happen with most movies…remakes generally lack depth.)

3 Likes

Before I clicked on this thread I was expecting it to be a Wonka Bar.

6 Likes

I thought about it lol

While I much prefer the Gene Wilder movie I also enjoyed the Depp version. It was certainly much closer to the original book in a lot of ways, although I think most of the story changes made in the 70s version did make for a better movie adaptation (as much as Dahl hated it). Both are valid interpretations and unlike most remakes I think that one was a worthwhile endeavor.

3 Likes

Both types of Oompa Loompas freak me out but I have nightmares about the original ones.

3 Likes

Thing of beauty…

Joy forever…

1 Like

I prefer the Gene Wilder Oompas. The Depp Oompas were creepy (which did fit Dahl’s vision better but the original was a better family/kids movie).

4 Likes

A fine engrave on a tile never gets old for me. Cool.

3 Likes

I loved reading Dahl’s books to my kids. Wonka was not his best, but probably best for the big screen. Later in life, my kids clued me in to some major character flaws in Dahl the man. Sigh. Kind of took some of the fun away from the memories of laughing through the BFG.

5 Likes

NIce engrave. That little dance step Gene Wilder does in his fist scene of the movie when he greets the kids for the first time was something that always stuck with me. A very funny man.

5 Likes

Excellent choice for your tile!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like