Won't connect?

I turned on my glowforge this morning, and after it calibrated I turned on the web browser and went to app.glowforge.com, and it tells me to do the first time setup.

I indulge it, but it does not broadcast a wifi access point, so it goes no further.

I rebooted my router, I see other wifi devices from the wifi control panel, but not glowforge.

Suggestions?

2 Likes

If you hold down the button for 10 seconds, it will start broadcasting again for wifi setup.

5 Likes

Hi Sawa,

I believe we’ve fixed the issue - would you please try logging in again?

Best,
Rita

1 Like

Working now.

Couldn’t have happened at a worse time, as I was trying to impress someone with how easy it was to use… I showed them the eBay redsail clone and got the faith back, I think. Lol.

Could I ask what was wrong/what got fixed?

1 Like

That has happen to me, too! Exasperating and a little embarrassing. Glad it’s been resolved.

When I turned my GF on this morning, it also said I was offline. I immediately thought of this post. Looked at my Wifi settings and it was on 5GEXT instead of 2GEXT. As soon as I switched it, everything was fine. Interesting.

We found a misconfiguration based on your feedback. Thanks again for reporting it. I’m glad it’s working now!

3 Likes