Won't Cut

I recently had to replace my GF Basic bc of the light going out they sent me a refurbished one that Ive had for about a month and it not cutting thru material and barely engraving. Im still within my 90 day warranty and would love to get this resolved.

1 Like

While you wait for official support, you may want to print the Gift of Good Measure on proofgrade material with proofgrade settings. If it doesn’t print properly, post photos front and back along with the date and time of the print. Support will look at your machine logs to determine next steps.

Before doing this, however, make sure to clean all of your optics and fans. It might be a good idea to also photograph the optics so support can evaluate those as well.

1 Like

Thank you

@sweethartcreations

I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge is having an issue with cutting through material.

Could you please post me a photo of the front and back of the print along with the date and time of the prints?

There are several things that need to be checked if the laser doesn’t cleanly cut through the material. We’ve discovered that photos don’t always come through well in emails, so I’ve included several links that will take you to reference instructions and photos. Please turn off your Glowforge and check the following:

Once all these things have been checked, please perform the following test print.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

Check the completed print:

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.

• If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you experienced the issue with, and let us know the results.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.