Wood Bow-Ties for my Wedding!

45 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your wedding. The bow ties are terrific. I love that you made so many variations in the patterns.

4 Likes

These are amazing! I wish I had thought to do something similar for my wedding back in June! Keep up the great work!

4 Likes

Those are awesome! I actually have a wood bow tie I bought before I got my GF. Always get comments.

4 Likes

Thank you! I had so much fun making and designing them. I’ve never been much of a drawer, but I’ve always loved geometry, and the Glowforge caters to these types of designs so well. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m very lucky since the company I work for actually owns the machine that I’ve used. There are so many DIY wedding things that can be done with the Glowforge!! Gearing up to hopefully be a maker full time some day!!

4 Likes

Wooh! Pretty awesome! My father in law wears a 3d printed one. These are great! Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Thank you ! I really like the negative space and how it plays with the contrasting wood colors. It is going to be an awesome groomsmen gift.

2 Likes

That’s pretty awesome too ! I have friends who are wedding videographers, so I’m hoping they loop me into their clientele so I can get that side hustle going. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That’s the goal here as well

2 Likes

Love the different designs! They’re all so unique but so fun. Great work and congrats on the wedding.

2 Likes

But can we make it a solid side hustle before everyone on the planet owns a glowforge? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Love em and congrats on the big day!!!

3 Likes

Congrats! and you’re certainly getting married in style - Glowforge style that is! :glowforge:

4 Likes

Of course! With creativity that is :crazy_face:

Thanks! The top layer is proofgrade, the back layer is dark walnut with an inlay from recycled skateboards to add a little extra uniqueness. I love the possibilities with this thing.

1 Like

Wow, they turned out great! What wonderful gifts for folks in the wedding party. Congratulations!

Very fun!! Congratulations on the wedding!

What was your source for the clip and strap? Very nice job --> lots of fun! :sunglasses::glowforge:

PS - material?

Very dapper!

1 Like