Wood glue comparison

This will be of interest here:

7 Likes

I can tell you this.

DO NOT ALLOW TITEBOND GLUE TO BE SUBJECTED TO FREEZING TEMPS.

all caps to make a point.

my dad is an accomplished wood turner. he has a friend that makes fancy furniture. she made a bed that would cost thousands of dollars. her titebond glue arrived and it turned out it had gotten too cold. she delivered said fancy bed. it promptly fell apart a short time later or at delivery. not sure. but at any rate the glue did NOT work.

so keep that in mind. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You’re saying exposing the liquid glue to freezing kills it, or exposing the cured end product breaks the glue bond?

sorry I wasn’t clear.

the liquid glue in the jug/bottle cannot be exposed to freezing temps. it will stick things together afterwards, just not permanently.

my dad’s friend learned that with about an $8,000 bed. she was NOT happy.
apparently it froze or nearly froze when the jug was shipped to her. They sent her a new jug. but nothing for her labor.

1 Like

Yup. I order my hot melt adhesive from a place in NJ. Every so often, I get a warning from them that they aren’t shipping because of the temperatures.

Spray adhesive is another one. It does not bond well if administered in cold temps.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.