Wood Supply

This might be a good place to order some samples to try out.
http://www.ocoochhardwoods.com/scroll_saw_lumber.php

3 Likes

A bit of a shame all their pieces are 24" wide though. Good for pro users who stay under 1/4"

1 Like

I was more thinking of the 1/8" stock and just inscribing it at 20" on both sides and snapping it down or using my band saw.
Not a waste as you can still use that 4" piece later.

Thinking of using it for small things like little model projects and stuff.

1 Like

Not sure what their shipping prices are like, but another place someone posted was the ThinBoards store on Etsy. Pretty sure they said he has flat rate shipping too.

2 Likes

I’ve ordered from them and I was quite pleased with their product. I ordered a few different kinds of wood, in 1/8" thickness, 12" wide.

I stopped ordering from them because the shipping to Canada was very costly (shipping to US seemed reasonable). I also discovered I could get Baltic Birch plywood locally much cheaper.

I have a good number of 1/8" boards from Ocooch Hardwoods. My office still smells nice from some of the more aromatic of the woods. I did exactly what you said and cut off 4" to size them all to 20" and plan to use the scraps for testing and smaller projects. I will see if I can get around to posting a picture in my Materials and Suppliers thread.

3 Likes