Wooden Art Pins

I’ve been making these cute little pins to sell at shows! I draw up the design on my Wacom, laser them out of birch wood, and then hand paint them to finish. :slight_smile: I spend a lot of time browsing these forums and seeing what everyone else is doing, so I thought it was time that I shared some of my own creations!

51 Likes

These are so cute!! Well done! I want to try to do some filled ones but I haven’t yet.

2 Likes

Your painting skills are obviously terrific.

2 Likes

Oooh! A real artist! The baby squid’s adorable! :smile:

3 Likes

These are really wonderful! I love the artwork and love the way you painted them. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Looks like some gorgeous and well-organized work shop there in the background of your last photo.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! It’s my local Makerspace, I love working there! It’s such a nice workspace and I really enjoy the company.

1 Like

All looking good.

1 Like

That cuttlefish is adorable

1 Like

Those are delightful! Thanks for sharing…

1 Like

is it a cuttlefish or a squid?

Since it’s a caricature I suppose it could be either, but my first thought was a cuttlefish.

1 Like

I did too actually, but considering the 2 longer appendages, are usually hidden on a cuttlefish, I had a second guess.

1 Like

And away we go.

5 Likes

It’s a squid! Though really it could be either since you can’t see whether or not it has a cuttlebone when it is in that position c: I do cuttlefish too!

5 Likes

Some art skills! Nice!

2 Likes

So cute! Do you mind if I ask what paint you use?