Wooden Fairy Doors

It feels like ages since I’ve fired up the laser beam just for fun. The quieter days between Christmas and New Year give me the perfect space to design and make the fairy doors I’ve been promising my daughter for months! :woman_fairy::fairy::man_fairy:

Materials/techniques

• 3mm ply
  • paint pens
  • GF laser beam
  • artwork created in Adobe Illustrator CC and exported as SVG for import into GF

47 Likes

These are terrific. I know your daughter loves them.

6 Likes

Those are lovely :heart: I need to make some for my daughter!

6 Likes

Those are wonderful! Great designs!

7 Likes

These are cool. The engraved wood grain looks really good.

12 Likes

Thank you, really pleased with how it came out. The paint makes it pop even more.

6 Likes

So cute! I love the engraved wood design. It really stands out when painted.

5 Likes

Awe, those are really cute! Love the woodgrain you put in them. Nice colors too!

5 Likes

these are adorable! I love the wood grain as well!

5 Likes

Thank you, I feel by the end of the weekend I’ll have hundreds of them in different colour combinations :rofl:

4 Likes

Those are lovely. Check out “thefairydoor” on instagram for serious inspiration - but I wouldn’t let your daughter see it.

5 Likes

Absolutely LOVE these and there’s a good reason. I spent more than 20 years of my life creating one-of-a-kind faeries from polymer clay (my profile pic is one of my sculptures) so these really do appeal to me! Very magical! :star2:

5 Likes

so stinking cute :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oooh, I bet she loves them!! :heart::clap:

3 Likes

Nice! I think a round one is on my list for today.

1 Like

Very cool @McKay, you’re very talented. 🧚‍♀️

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :blush:

1 Like

These are great!! We’ve seen a few fairy doors on the forum … they never disappoint!

1 Like

I am very late to the party, but they are so much fun to design/create.

The obsession continued today

11 Likes

I dare say it would be hard to stop. :grinning:

1 Like