Wooden Light bulb lampshade installed (FINALLY!) đź’ˇ

Hi there…

It’s been a while when I made these light bulbs for this client ! (Almost two years) and FINALLY he managed to get his coffeeshop refurbished and installed them !

I’m so happy to see it and in my opinion it looks AMAZING!

The inner of the bulb where the light bulb goes, I made it in shape of a Cup!

It was done 4 of them when he ordered and after that, he managed to break one (one of his staff put a box on top of it) and he ordered two more which had to be made on a different wood!

Feedback welcome! :slight_smile:
Take care !

Happy Forging!

:round_pushpin:Coffeeshop is in London

66 Likes

How did you make the screw connector - stacked layers?

Looks great.

4 Likes

I think they look amazing too! You must be so proud!
Great job!

5 Likes

Nifty design!

5 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Nice work!

3 Likes

Spectacular!!!

3 Likes

How rewarding - for you and the client. These look fantastic.

3 Likes

They look perfect! I’m sure you’re thrilled! Well done!

2 Likes

Yeah, those “make” the decor! Awesome!

2 Likes

I love it!

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering ever since you posted this, is is difficult/tricky to replace the bulbs? Is it a two person job?

One of the flaps isn’t glued, it’s connected with a slightly friction! Which makes it easy to remove and change the bulb if necessary, this light bulb shape is easily replaceable without the need to remove anything!

4 Likes

WOW! These are fantastic! Great job! Would you be willing to share the plans? I have a small shop and would love to make these to go inside.

Hi Nic, it’s against the forum rules to ask for people project plans etc…
But I will message you in case you are interested in buying the project.

Thanks

I LOVE These!

I’ve been examining your photos trying to puzzle it out in my mind (not trying to copy your pattern, just trying to learn from your design)

The cut out portion where the bulb goes is the shape of a coffee cup, but the handle is cut out on every fin. I’m guessing this was done for symmetry, but I think it would look cool if the handle was only cut from one fin. Then it might give the look of a singular coffee cup inside the light bulb. Was there ever a design iteration like what I’m describing? If so what ultimately made you change your mind? The A symmetry could look odd from some angles I suppose. That would be my major concern.

Hi, it was done for this cup design!

As it is popular in his coffee shop! :hugs:

1 Like

Ahh, got it. The shades came out awesome, great job.

2 Likes