It has been raining every night, so no lasering around here.
Four days ago I got a pair of new glasses from Zenni that came with a set of sunshades that attach to the front. I wanted to make a holder for them which gave me an excuse to experiment. I really liked how well my first leather project turned out and had all the tools, but no leather. That stuff is expensive and does’t grow on trees, but wood does! I had some scraps of 1/8 baltic birch and created a living hinge. Tonight I finally got a chance to to stitch it up. It took three tries to get stitched. Broke a needle the first time and stitched it to tight the second. The third time was a success. I also cut some felt to line the inside.
As a project it was a success, as a glass case it was a bit of a failure. I still am happy with it and will use it. But next time I would allow more space for glasses, I was hoping to be able to squeeze it and have the frames slide out. It is a bit snug.