Wooden TV Remote

Thought this was pretty neat!

33 Likes

looks cool, but I would definitely poly coat it. plastic remotes tend to get gross after a little bit, I can only imagine what unprotected wood would store.

9 Likes

Agreed. I’d definitely take a different approach.

But I likes his use of grid paper for getting the outlines.

6 Likes

Thanks guys! I appreciate it! Like I mentioned in the video it has one coat of boiled linseed oil and two coats of spray lacquer!

15 Likes

Very enjoyable video! Now I wanna see the TV conversion to wood :wink:.

Welcome to the forum David–I hope we see more from you!

6 Likes

That was a super cool video. I’m a huge fan of all of your work

2 Likes

yup! TV’s are just so darn ugly.

2 Likes

How cool is it when one forum member posts an inspirational video from YouTube, and then the creator of the video turns out to be a forum member as well?
Welcome to the forum @picciuto!

12 Likes

Coolness! :grinning:
Welcome to the funny farm @picciuto ! :relaxed:

3 Likes

Thanks everybody for the kind words! That was my first time posting in this forum and I’m sure you’ll see me a lot more in the coming months. This was cut on the Full Spectrum laser. There are so many reasons I dislike using the software for that laser and really looking forward to getting my hands on the Glowforge! I’ve got some pretty crazy ideas that I can’t wait to execute. Thanks again!

18 Likes

I’d say of all the things I’m inspired to want to make while I’m away from my Glowforge, this I would do first. Totally perfect scenario for a Glowforge. Could be a good test of the trace and print. That whole turning the grill into a digital file is not easy. Thanks for showing the iterations because so often the videos look like they spring perfect from the mind of Zeus.

12 Likes