Woot! new website!


#1

I just launched a website last night with a little help from a friend. It’s still mostly a demo wordpress theme at the moment, but it’s coming along. Most of the interesting stuff won’t be there until after the glowforge ships and i can take some pictures of what im making, but yeah, I hope to have something presentable soon.


#2

What’s the Link to your new Website? :wink:


#3

Www.sawatg.com


#4

Hello @Sawa,

I just checked out your website-in-progress. I think it looks great. The template chosen is very clean and professional looking, and I like the color scheme lots. I also like the explanations under each of the tabs, just enough information and not too wordy.

I am very interested in seeing your dungeon tiles. I’m a supporter of Dwarven Forge tiles. I like them, but they are bulky and heavy. Can’t wait to see your designs!


#5

They are going to be a much larger and massive scale than dwarven forge, yet should still be a bit cleaner, simpler, more versatile. You’ll surely be interested! Follow me on facebook (sawa’s tabletop gaming)


#6

Made these dungeon tiles with a FDM 3D printer. they work great


#7



These are from a FormLabs 3D printer. Great quality.


#8

Looks like you do a lot of creative things. I have started a website. But haven’t got as far along as you… Southerncharmholsters.com it would be neat to see who else on here as a website . Very interesting to see all the different creative things going on.


#9

The problem with 3d printers nowadays is that it takes hours to print even just a 2x2 tile square with a wall. I had some plans to get a beta nextgen liquid resin printer that does whole layers at a time, and could make my very large tilesets. I’ve instead figured out a different way to make the tilesets, but will be also able to mass produce much faster and cheaper than any 3d printer could.


#10

Totally correct on the formLabs resin printer, but the FDM tiles only take 5-10 minutes and I have less than 25 cents in any of them.


#11

I’ve ran my tiles through a lulzbot taz 5 and the ultimaker 2 prepping software. The computer program projects an 18-28 hour build time per object, approximately 12 objects per set. I expect i’d burn out nozzles and there would be an issue of potential warping, running it straight. I have a total of about 54 unique objects like this, so… the math on that isn’t hard to show its not viable.