Worbla in the Glowforge?

I’ve been waiting for that comment !
When I first went over to the US, and saw how spotlessly clean, and highly polished all the house was, I wondered how she would find this crumbly old widower. Though I had become a house-husband, it was nothing compared to this.

But I learned - love conquers all.

I can’t remember what products she uses, but it’s mainly elbow grease, if you youngsters know what that is. :wink:

John :upside_down_face:

Perhaps I should add that she is allergic to most chemicals and fragrances, and life is literally a pain for her, but we cope.

2 Likes

Well, my house is neither spotlessly clean, nor highly polished. I’m also not all that young (nor am I all that old!), but I do know what elbow grease is, even if I don’t employ it quite as often as some might!

As long as you’re both happy, that’s what counts! It just struck me as a funny turn of phrase… even if you’re not the one primarily cleaning the house, certainly you must occasionally spill something? We have kids spilling left and right, so there’s plenty of cleaning to go around.

2 Likes

Blissfully happy, but at nearly 80, it’s us that do the spilling !!!
I’m racking my brain to remember what it is we use, something ‘oil’, 1/2 cup in hot water sort of mixture. As I’m 4000 miles away, I’ll have to wait for our next call to ask.
John :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

FWIW, I had a fairly strong reaction to worbla just from soft bending it (and I’m not a small bird). It made me dizzy and nauseous; while the room that I was working in was well ventilated, it was quite small. When/if I use it in the future, I’ll do so in a bigger space and will wear a mask.

All that to say that I can definitely see how it could be dangerous for birds (as mentioned, they have frail respiratory systems). And you make a valid point about lingering fumes, even with a well ventilated laser. It’s so easy to overlook these details when we’re caught up in the creative process, so it’s a good reminder to be mindful.

2 Likes