Worked once, can't remember what i did

This category features the very best tutorials, tips, tricks, and advice from the community on the subject of how to use your Glowforge. Please do not post about using the Glowforge in a manner prohibited by the user manual. Forum regulars are able to post to this category; any owner can read and reply.

[[NOTE: This is a trial, and the category is not yet visible to non-regulars.]]

When I was in the app, I created a project using the built in art work, the christmas tree that is angular and snake like looking. I was able to work the star separately from the tree. Now, I am trying to do the same thing to this graphic.

swirly tree . Ignore the four trees grouped together. what I want to do is take the star and move and manipulate it. I tried everything in every app i could think of but can’t make it into two separate objects. am i barking up the wrong tree?

thanks.

Where is the graphic - my eyesight is poor?

i loaded it and it showed originally. let me see what i can do

I found it.

here it is in a screenshot for others

1 Like

So you want the star on the squiggly tree without the tree? I switched to edit nodes, deleted all the nodes except the star and that leaves the star separated from the squiggles.

2 Likes

if you can, walk me thru it. I can’t get it to go into node mode in inkscape when I do it.

Here is the star, make sure this is what you want swirly tree1

thanks. yes and no. wanted them separate so that i could play with both items. but i need to learn how to do it. you know, the old give them fish and teach them to fish stuff.

^%$$&&^^%$&^%&%^(!!! it just did what i wanted on the first (many attempts later) try. Thanks.

and i just figured how to separate them with the break apart command.

3 Likes

Thanks again. this is what i get for being an intuitive learner. I don’t read the manuals, i just go with what i already learned in other apps and bull my way through the problem. probably faster to read the tutorials.

I played with the same graphic a week or so ago. I thought they were just grouped when I exported them. I ungrouped them to change the size of the star and add a place to hang the tree.

6 Likes

exactly! what i want to do. thanks

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.