Working on back splash accents for our library

Now that my wife has seen the tile stuff I was working on I am worried she may not let me work on anything else :stuck_out_tongue:

Here are some prototypes I did for a back splash accent we are redoing in our little reading nook:

50 Likes

Very clever! Love to work with tiles.

1 Like

Dang, and I’m out of tiles! Now I’ve gotta make a Home Depot run today!

1 Like

Hmmmm. Might be time to build a reading nook… :wink:

1 Like

How inspiring! Love it!

1 Like

Wow! I’ve been wanting to do a similar project but with medium plywood and acrylic.

Same boat, but it’s not only my wife, my best friend is constantly sending me video messages whenever he gets an “inspired” idea :tired_face:

3 Likes

Nice! Reminds me of this company I learned of through Kickstarter a few years ago https://www.litographs.com/

1 Like

Love it all but especially the raven!

1 Like

You should do a nonsensical one, one that make no sense and see if it gets noticed. Throw a wrench in the mix. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Here’s a classic from Lewis Carroll

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!”

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

“And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!”
He chortled in his joy.

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

4 Likes

This is what I was thinking of, took a while to find it, last time was 1974…

Astoria of Ladle Rat Rotten Hut

Wants pawn term, dare worsted ladle gull hoe lift wetter murder inner ladle cordage
honor itch offer lodge dock florist. Disc ladle gull orphan worry ladle cluck wetter putty ladle
rat hut, end fur disc raisin pimple caulder Ladle Rat Rotten Hut. Wan moaning Rat Rotten
Hut’s murder colder inset: “Ladle Rat Rotten Hut, heresy ladle basking winsome burden
barter and shirker cockles. Tick disc ladle basking tudor cordage offer groin murder hoe lifts
honor udder site offer florist. Shaker lake, dun stopper laundry wrote, end yonder nor
sorghum stenches dun stopper torque wet strainers.”

“How-cake, murder,” resplendent Ladle Rat Rotten Hut, end tickle ladle basking an
stuttered oft. Honor wrote tudor cordage offer groin murder, Ladle Rat Rotten Hut mitten
anomalous woof.

“Wail, wail, wail,” set disc wicket woof, “evanescent Ladle Rat Rotten Hut! Wares or putty
ladle gull goring wizard ladle basking?”

“Armor going tumor groin murder’s,” reprisal ladle gull. “Grammars seeking bet. Armor
ticking arson burden barter end shirker cockles.”

“O hoe! Heifer blessing woke,” setter wicked woof, butter taught tomb shelf, “Oil tickle
shirt court tudor cordage offer groin murder. Oil ketchup wetter letter, and den — O bore!”

Soda wicket woof tucker shirt court, end whinny retched a cordage offer groin murder,
picket inner widow an sore debtor pore oil worming worse lion inner bet. Inner flesh disc
abdominal woof lipped honor betting adder rope. Zany pool dawn a groin murder’s nut cup
an gnat gun, any curdle dope inner bet.

Inner ladle wile Ladle Rat Rotten Hut a raft attar cordage an ranker dough bell. “Comb
ink, sweat hard,” setter wicked woof, disgracing is verse. Ladle Rat Rotten Hut entity bet rum
end stud buyer groin murder’s bet. “Oh grammar,” crater ladle gull, “Wart bag icer gut! A
nervous sausage bag ice!” “Buttered lucky chew whiff, doling,” whiskered disc ratchet woof,
wetter wicket small. “Oh grammar, water bag noise! A nervous sore suture anomalous
prognosis!” “Buttered small your whiff,” inserter woof, ants mouse worse waddling. “Oh
grammar, water bag mousey gut! A nervous sore suture bag mouse!”

Daze worry on forger nut gull’s lest warts. Oil offer sodden throne offer carvers and
sprinkling otter bed, disc curl and bloat Thursday woof ceased pore Ladle Rat Rotten Hut and
garbled erupt.

:sunglasses:
Mural: Yonder nor sorghum stenches shut ladle jelled wren stopper torque wet strainers.

2 Likes

Nice job with The Raven!

2 Likes

Poetry, you say? I’d say a bit of Vogon poetry would do the trick:

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes,
And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts
With my blurglecruncheon, see if I don’t!

4 Likes

These are fantastic and I also love all the additional content ideas! Curious how long those take…

Love this. Your reading nook will be so full of great bits of literature, that no one will spend any time reading their book. They will be so busy looking at your beautiful tiles.

I keep my speed at around 400 (tried faster but i find it doesn’t go deep enough into the glaze to get a solid ink hold) and have my lpi at 340 to keep the text nice and legible even at the small font size (i found at lower the wording got grainy), so it usually runs me ~45 min per each of these type of tiles because they have so much going on :slight_smile:

Design time involved was :man_shrugging: because I generally multitask or design while other things are burning so I tend to lose track of time :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

When you said nonsense I thought in a different direction:

1 Like

You’re not alone there :grin:

1 Like

How I lost 30 pounds on a Glowforge,