Worried about my glowforge

I am following along with the manual online.

Getting it out of the foam without touching it is a pain in itself.

1 Like

Ok another dumb question. On the unboxing setting up it shows the on off switch, does it matter if it is opposite from what the picture shows? Mine is just the opposite of this with the O on the bottom instead of the top.

1 Like

It will work fine but the opposite way round of course. Either an out of date picture or sloppy assembly work / QA.

One of the first problem descriptions that I sent to the company from unpacking a Pre-Release unit was the power switch direction. There is an entire science dedicated to things like switch directions, colors, symbol types, etc. My PRU had ON as rocking down. Standard for ON is UP, or push forward, in some cases to the right. A minor issue of course but you would be surprised how our minds have been trained for things to happen a certain way. Really important for the military. Throw a switch the wrong direction instinctively and it could be very bad in a mission situation.

10 Likes

Thanks so much for reaching out. We want the setup process to be seamless, and every bit of feedback helps. If you have any more questions about setting up your Glowforge, let us know.