Would it be safe to use a power strip 14 awg, 15a, 1,875 watts, ac 125v, 60hz with the Glowforge basic and the air filter

I would appreciate input on this matter.

Thanks

Marci

1 Like

Support can only confirm what is in the owners manual, which is no.

The reality might be quite different. Mine has never been used without an extension.

1 Like

I agree with @eflyguy. That’s a similar spec to the one I’ve been running my GF (& the PRU test unit before that) on. However, I dont run the filter on it regularly - I got it for indoor makerfaire demos and we haven’t been doing those lately. However, I do have my laptop and an auxiliary fan running on the same strip.

If you can vent outside through a wall or a window I’d encourage you to do that. The GF filter media has a short lifespan when the GF is regularly used (from a couple of weeks to a few months depending on usage and materials).

1 Like

Thank all for helping me understand use of a power strip. I feel more confident now.

1 Like

Hi @tikilou Our manual has direction on this topic, and, I can’t offer any help that runs counter to the usage in the manual. If you’d like to discuss this with others, you might want to check out the Beyond the Manual section of our community: https://community.glowforge.com/c/beyond-the-manual. Users there may be able to help. Note that advice in this section is unsupported and is not reviewed by Glowforge.