Would this Time Feature be possible?

I dont know if it is possible, but it would be REALLY COOL if there was a feature or way where you can tell a project “Ok I want this to take 10 minutes” and it figures out the best settings for you.

Is that something ever possible? It would be really useful for business usages (time=money). Otherwise I am playing with the settings a lot to try to lower the time, while also making sure it looks good (changing speed, vs LPI, etc)

Cool idea?

6 Likes

Gold star, an idea I haven’t seen yet!

I’m not sure how feasible it is (feasibility probably gets better the less precise you need it to be), but it’s a new thing and kinda cool.

Unfortunately, glowforge staff (probably) won’t see it here, you should either open a new thread about it in problems and support or email support@glowforge.com.

2 Likes

While we are making our Christmas list…

1. I would like to be able to add notes in the Design Details for settings and other relevant info.

2. Be able to pause the process and open the lid to clean debris, wipe a lens, etc without losing everything requiring a restart.

3. Have the ability to see if other owners are in my area to make local user groups.

I could add to the list but I don’t want to be too greedy.

3 Likes

Bridge of dreams in Ohio - Google My Maps :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks Santa :laughing:… now about the other items… :thinking: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
This is cool. Question, how is the map populated?

1 Like

It is self populated.

Regarding your #1, you can always add text to your design file and ignore it. For quick notes I have also renamed a file on the dashboard to include notations.

1 Like

You mean the owner adds their name?

1 Like

Yeah.

The map will show you where ~1100 people (out of ~25,000 owners) added their location, but the majority are anonymous.

That said, I don’t want my location or contact data shared by GF.

3 Likes

Seconded and broadened.

1 Like

Regarding the original request, I think this would be a pretty poor option, for all users but especially a business.

You’re basically saying you don’t care about the quality of the print.

The optimal settings fall within a very narrow window. Reducing LPI or increasing speed can reduce the quality of a print significantly.

If you’re churning out designs, you’ll start to understand what settings can be changed without impacting the results. Either that, or need to work on testing to determine what changes those would be.

The defaults for PG materials are already pretty much optimal, with the exception of the “HD” engrave settings that are inexplicably crap.

2 Likes

I agree with no pinpoint locations and keeping it anonymous, I was thinking just giving regions or city and using some method of requesting if other users would be interested without giving out locations

Duh… I could just post a question if anyone lives in my area!! :thinking: :crazy_face: :rofl:

1 Like

Better yet you could search to see if anyone else has done that already, there have been a lot of “anybody in x location?” Threads over the years.

1 Like

A" duh" and “aha” moment back to back. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.