X-Wing Model Kit

This just simply ROCKS, thank you

Ok, finally got around to posting the files on Thingiverseā€¦link below:

9 Likes

Wow! Definitely some dedicated time in this one. Turned out fantastic! Glad you posted your re-mix on Thingiverse. Awesome!

1 Like

I tried to open your 2nd file in Coreldraw and it didnā€™t work. How can I fix this? Or do you have it in another format?

The files are fine. Just upload to the GF UI directly.

1 Like

Thank you! This is as generous of you as it is beautiful! (which is plenty!!)

I have seen this with stuff created in Inkscape and then loaded into Coreldraw more time that I can count. Since Inkscape is free I have it loaded as well as my Coreldraw. I open it in Inkscape then save it back out as a PDF and then Corel usually has no issues with it.

1 Like

Sorry, not sure why itā€™s coming in like that. All I have is the svgs and the Illustrator file, which Iā€™m guessing doesnā€™t come into Corel. As @eflyguy said though, svgs should load fine in the GF interface, or most softwares.

I have seen this with stuff created in Inkscape and then loaded into Coreldraw

Hmmā€¦Iā€™ve never used Inkscape, I was working with CAD dwgs, but then did some of my re-print modifications in Illustrator.

1 Like

Yes, you can get Corel to open/import an .ai file. Done it myself when no other format was available.

1 Like

If you still have the files I would love to get them. My boy loves Star Wars. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for the link!

1 Like

This is some amazing work! My son and I have several lego Models of the X-Wing and this will be an awesome addition to our model cabinet.

1 Like

Friendly reminder that it is against forum rules to ask for files.

In this case, links to the files are provided in the original post.

1 Like

Files are linked in the thread-I wound up uploading them to thingiverse. Enjoy!

1 Like

Nevermind

1 Like

Hello. This model looks incredible! I downloaded the files from Thingiverse and then imported them into Silhouette Studio to move things around because I only have 12"x12" pieces of BB. I was wondering, there are three different colors showing up. Black, I assume are cut lines, but Iā€™m not sure what the red, yellow, and green lines are for. the red ones are the centers of the circles, and there are a lot of those. Based on the pictures, it looks like they are all supposed to be cut lines. Could someone clarify? Maybe those colors appeared only because I imported to Silhouette Studio?

2 Likes