Xmas stars

Had some battery powered fairy lights I had picked up from the dollar store… Finally found a use for them…lol
These are about 6" high
Color gels are translucent polyester film folders.

41 Likes

Oh, my G! Those are awesome! I have yet to find a decent tree topper…don’t want a dopey looking angel doll…that would be just the ticket!

Great idea with the gels. :grinning::+1:

2 Likes

(Much) Previously:

4 Likes

Are these easy to find? I’ve never heard of them.

1 Like

C-Line Colored Project Folders, Heavyweight Poly, Holds Materials up to 8.5 x 11 Inches, Assorted Colors, 25 per Box (62130) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006ZIK1U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Dvt0BbBPVFAXF

1 Like

You could easily put a hole in the bottom and stick it on the tree or add a strap behind it to secure it😁

1 Like

Rad!!:star2:

1 Like

The poly folders cut like butter…lol. I use 100% speed and 100% power on my 30wt Universal…not sure what that translates to on the GF. Smoke residue wipes straight off so no masking.

3 Likes

Very cool design, and the concept would translate well to other shapes. Thanks for the inspiration!

And it’s not every day we get linked to a new material. Thanks again!

3 Likes

Here’s the last one.

8 Likes

Do not try to cut several at once by stacking them & cutting. Otherwise you’ll make yourself a thick one :wink:

5 Likes

Lmao…wisdom from experience I reckon???

1 Like

It wasn’t obvious at the time that the cut edges would weld themselves together :flushed:

5 Likes

Fun fact…if you laser a poly bag…aka baggies, you don’t need a sealer…it seals and cuts in one…lol

3 Likes

That actually sounds like a nifty thing to rig up for the passthrough. :thinking:

2 Likes

I assume this means I can use my Foodsaver as a backup Glowforge.

4 Likes

Beautiful!

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.