XR pendant / earring

I used solid walnut for the material and loops are copper wire. Can fit an earring hoop in too,

4cm across

15 Likes

Isnā€™t monetizing the logo against their terms? It certainly seems odd to add your company logo to it.

Edit: here we goā€¦

In May 2019, Gail Bradbrook of XR issued a public statement to clarify that: ā€œNot only does XR not support or endorse any corporations, it reminds them that the Extinction Symbol ā§–āƒ may never be used for commercial purposes, including fundraising. The Extinction Symbol is loaned in good faith to XR by UK street artist ESPā€.

For more:

2 Likes

I didnā€™t see where he was selling these. Seems like they were made for a friend who is ā€œintoā€ this movementā€¦

1 Like

Do you put your brand on gifts for friends?

Iā€™m not going to put words in the OPs mouth but modifying the logo with a brand Mark seems against the spirit of the non commercialization no matter how you slice it.

Yes

I made the clock for a friend, I have not sold anything, I have no intention of selling anything, I originally made a clock for a friend who (may be part of XR - I really donā€™t know, but sheā€™s a massive supporter and has protested), I then took the clock design and made it smaller into a pendant / earring. I could have put my name on the design so sheā€™d have known it was from me, but instead used a domain that I own instead as I thought it was more aesthetically more pleasing. I have done this personally, I am not a corporation, I am not a number, I am a free man.

Where does it say that I have monetised anything? I have not ever said I am trying to monetise. If you see my FB posts, anyone who has said ā€œhow much does it costā€ I have said zilch and happy to send you some. The aim was never to monetise but gift a XR clock to someone who I know is passionate about the cause and in fact got married on Westminster Bridge in London during the activities. In fact randomly I was at a tech event tonight where one of the companies exhibiting is in the same building as the London XR offices. I had made some ply test prints and asked the guys on the stand to give ALL the prints to the XR people as I really didnā€™t;t have a sensible use for them.

I support what XR are doing, and I happened to make a wedding gift and thus had made the logo. I put my ā€œlogoā€ rather than name on the prints as it looked nicer ā€¦ that is all.

Steve

2 Likes

ps hereā€™s the SVG files if someone else doesnā€™t want to monetise too

XRPendant2GF|100x100

XR_Main_and%20Minor_BarsGF

BarFillsGF

XRHideMechGF

2 Likes

and yes I pretty much put Pixel Juice on everything I make rather than my name

1 Like

I totally do, although almost always on the back/bottom.

3 Likes

Also though I would say the logo is very similar to the XR logo, itā€™s my interpretation of the logo that I constructed it myself ā€¦

1 Like

Try putting a logo on the bottom / curved section of print ā€¦ and though at some point Iā€™m sure I will set-up a site, thereā€™s not one for Pixel Juice (well not mine anyway)

1 Like

I do too. Since I finally managed to design a logo for myself that that I really like, I like to use it.