Yellow/Amber light (First Day after Set Up)

Just set up my GF Plus and tried out a few GF test prints. On one of the tester prints, I noticed that it was saying “Focusing”. When I looked at the GF there was a Yellow/Amber glowing light.

I quickly checked the forum and realized that many owners had the same issue. I did take the unit off and then rebooted the unit. The teal light did come on.

I am worried and concerned because this happened after two hours after set up and after only a few GF test prints.

Help!

That sounds like a temperature alert for ambient room operating temperature. Check your room temperature and refer to the following information…

Operating Environment

To prolong the life of your Glowforge unit and to reduce the risk of fire or mechanical failure, do not put the Glowforge unit where it could experience:

• Extreme temperature or humidity
    • Temperatures below 40 degrees Fahrenheit (5 Celsius) or over 120 degrees Fahrenheit (48 Celsius)
    • Extreme humidity conditions (below 10% or more than 75%)
    • If venting outdoors, ensure that changing conditions do not cause extreme temperatures or humidity to enter the Glowforge unit through the exhaust hose. Disconnect the hose from the outside air when the Glowforge is not in use.
  • Direct sunlight
  • Rain, moisture, or liquids
  • Excessive hair, dust, or small particles
  • Loose materials such as paper or a tablecloth that could be sucked into the air intake on the bottom of the Glowforge

Print when the ambient temperature is within the following ranges. Printing outside these ranges may cause your print to pause periodically or fail to complete.

• Basic and Plus: Between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 75 degrees Fahrenheit (24 Celsius)
  • Pro: Between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 81 degrees Fahrenheit (27 Celsius)
2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you hit a snag. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints, and compared it with the details you’ve provioded.

Based on the log files, it looks like your Glowforge experienced some network stability trouble for a short period of time, which caused the Yellow/Amber light you noticed. It was experiencing difficulty completing the focusing stage, and this queued the change in light color you noticed.

After that short period, the network now appears to be stable and connected, and it looks like you’ve been able to print consecutively since. That’s great! Could you let us know if you’re still experiencing trouble?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.