Yellow Button and other issues

I experienced an array of issues (weird errors in the app, the unit would not turn on) with the Glowforge yesterday which culminated in my button turning yellow. I sent off a message for help, but haven’t heard back from Support.

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of information. The forum posts I’ve looked at have not been helpful and are from years ago…

TIA,
Jo

You’ve opened a duplicate ticket by sending an email and posting here, so shortly a staff member will close this thread in order to reply to your email.

A search for “yellow button” brings up a lot of things (and you can resort by latest if you want the recent ones).

Overall the yellow is the generic “something is wrong” colour - so it can be a lot of things. Usually there will be an error message in your GFUI, but sometimes not.

Once a staff member finds your posts they can look at the logs from the back end and give you advice on what to try (or determine that it cannot be fixed). They generally respond within 24 hours so sit tight.

Check the white cable to the head – if it comes loose it will cause a yellow button.

2 Likes

Thank you. I really really appreciate this clear and concise response.

I did check that out, and another cable. Neither seemed loose, but I did unplug and telling the white one and the machine started working again.

2 Likes

The duplication was intentional.

I needed to get work done and waiting 24+ hours for tech support to start responding was forcing me to miss a deadline.

I had already searched for “yellow button.”

People shut down the most recent posters (in 2019) and gave similar info. as you just did.

Hello @joa.artist,

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!