Yellow Button During Focusing

After I finish a job, I consistently get the yellow button. If I only turn the glowforge on and off it will remain yellow. However, I have learned that if I unplug and replug the printer head it will work normally until I finish that job and then I will get the yellow button again when it is done. On start up it gets stuck in the focusing part, so I am assuming there is some issue with the printer head as if it was the cable the issue wouldn’t resolve itself. I can’t imagine it comes loose after every run. One was only about 8 mins. This has happened 4 or 5 times in a row now. Has anyone else had this issue that could give me some ideas. Thanks.

You’ll have to call support to find out your specific issue. But when my black lid cable failed, it would still cut and engrave no problem, but if i opened the lid to take it out, then it would be stuck in focusing when i closed it.

So i would have to turn my machine off, load my material, then turn it on for it to work. It got me through the rest of my order, but took hours longer than it should’ve. I was lucky though, most black lid cable failures i see on here won’t even allow them to cut.

I contacted support, and they let me know it was a black cable issue. It was my only issue with the machine and it took about 2 years to happen. Guess something inside the cable was amiss because the outside looked fine. I ordered a new cable, and carefully installecd it, and it got rid of my issue. It’s been 3 or 4 years since that happened and i haven’t had to replace it again, so it doesn’t seem like a continually failing part.

6 Likes