Yellow button glowforge wont print

we were roughly 45 minutes into a 1 hour and 45 minute print. The machine was in process of an sd graphic engraving on thick maple plywood settings. it stopped and the button turned yellow. We let it sit for half an hour. I then refreshed the browser and nothing changed. I turned the glowforge off for a few minutes and the button turned yellow after being on for a few seconds. nothing changes. doesn’t seem to be an airflow issue. any help is appreciated.

Yellow button is usually a pause for overheating. (Or it used to be.) What kind of machine is it (Basic, Plus, Pro?) and what is the temperature in the room near the machine?

If that’s what it is, and you’re running close to the upper range limit on temp, the machine will pause until it cools off enough (which can run longer than half an hour if the ambient temperature is too close to the limit) and then it will resume printing, as long as you do not refresh or open the lid or cancel the print.

Pausing in the middle of a 2 hour job sounds like overheating is the most obvious culprit. Could be something else, but that’s the first thing to check.

4 Likes

Yellow button is usually a temperature issue or a problem with the white cable to the head. Check and make sure that hasn’t come loose or something – that would be the simplest possibility. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s a basic model. Ambient temp is 70 in the room and outside. It’s got clear airflow. I’ve had it shut down for a while now, I’ll start it bac
k up and see

Thanks. I didn’t think of that. I’ll check it.

It was the white cable. It was sitting in front of my face waving hi and I missed it. Thanks for the help guys.

5 Likes

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while printing.

It’s good to hear that the community was able to get you back up and running. Thank you @geek2nurse for your help! I reviewed the logs and it looks like reconnecting the head resolved the issue on our end as well.

I’m going to close this post. If you run into any more trouble, please let us know. Start a new post or reach out by email to support@glowforge.com.

2 Likes