Yellow button -- help!

I was just about finished with my most recent project (“engraving” a knife). I was sooooo close to it finishing and then it stopped, gave me an error that i couldn’t finish and then the magic button turned yellow. Please don’t tell me that my machine is a gone-er :frowning:

Any update on this? What about the operating temperature? Do you have a Pro, Plus, or Basic.

What steps did you follow to eliminate issues, like powering down or waiting for it to chill.

1 Like

I doubt it’s a goner. This is mostly seen for one of two reasons.

Either temp related. Or, the ribbon cable connecting the head is loose.

I am so sorry to hear you hit a snag! I pulled the logs from your Glowforge to investigate and it looks like you have been able to print successfully since contacting us. That’s great!

Could you please let me know if you are still experiencing any trouble?

what do i do if its temp related ?

Just received a new Basic last night and did a print which worked fine. Since it was late, I shut it down and came back in this morning (excited because I’m finally with a ‘working GF’…my Pro bit the dust a couple weeks ago and am still waiting for the replacement to arrive). I turn on the new Basic and immediately have a yellow button. Not sure what happened over night, but there are no options to proceed. I’ve re-clipped the ribbon cable to the print head. Definitely not temp related. What are the ‘normal working hours’ for GF Support?

It really doesn’t matter. You’ll want to open your own case in this category. Adding onto this case won’t get you anywhere.

Already submitted a case. Just wondering if GF has Support for the east coast time zones, or do we have to wait for west coast time zone?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.

@barb31aug I do see that your ticket is being worked on. Our hours of operation are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm PST, and we’re still testing chat so hours may change but we’re currently available 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday - Friday (all times Pacific)