Yellow Button Issues

Hi,

I just got a refurbished plus glowforge today. And I can’t seem to get it working. I just keep getting a yellow button. I’ve read all sorts of posts on here and FB pages and nothing seems to be working. I live in Canada, the machine is on the second floor on our house and right now I don’t have it venting outside until I figure out this problem. Any idea what I can do?

Check the connection where the ribbon goes into the printhead. Make sure it is aligned and fully seated.

They seem fine to me.

How about the other end?

Looks good, but since this is my first laser, I’m not sure what I’m looking at. I’ve dealt with a lot of plotters and Sublimation printers for the last 7yrs but this is new to me.

What is disconnected, there on the left is an empty socket and on the right is a loose connector?

2 Likes

I just noticed that. I was looking at the white ribbon. I’m not sure what that is or where it goes. Searching that now.

1 Like

Processing: IMG_5294.JPG… Found this picture on another post, Going to try and hook mine up the same way.

This is what it should look like

It’s the upper left corner:

3 Likes

Yes I just figured that out. Its making lots of noises and moving so maybe thats a good sign.

2 Likes

BTW- Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the help and responding. I really appreciate it

2 Likes

Thats what we are here for. Did it get you going?

1 Like

My first cut is going. So exciting,

5 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Hope you have fun. I’ll be logging out in few minutes, but there are many, many more here to assist you. Feel free to message anytime you have a question. I also encourage you to be as active as possible in the forum then read and explore the archives, there is an unbelievable amount of knowledge just waiting to be tapped into. I look forward to seeing your creations as you move forward.

3 Likes

That is this cable (taped to the wall in the picture below):

It’s other end is going to the board just in front of the coolant :slight_smile: It’s giving your machine feedback about the coolant and so if you don’t have it plugged in, the machine will think it’s overheyand needs to cool down.

Glad you got in plugged into the control board now :slight_smile:

1 Like

So glad you got everything up and going! Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Hi @odie.macinnis. I saw your email ticket for this issue, and saw that you got some great help from fellow Glowforge owners in this thread. It sounds like you were able to get this resolved, but I wanted to check in to make sure you’re not running into any other trouble as you try to print. I’ll close out your email thread, but will leave this Community thread open to confirm you’re all set now. Thank you!

1 Like

I am curious on why you are asking this as opposed to just closing the thread (which normally happens when a post is resolved). The machine obviously shipped with its cable unplugged. I am very familiar with those connectors and that board. It is more likely for a pin to slip out of those then the whole connector coming undone. So it either reveals the level of checkouts y’all use or that a slip up happened. I am leaning to the 2nd one as being the case and the machine shipped before fully passing checkouts.

Either way, the machine shipped with that cable unplugged, which would have been an immediate red-flag when the machine would have been powered up before packing. QA is there for a reason and I agree for concern on what other checkouts did not occur on this one.

4 Likes