Yellow button less than 24 hours in

I started using it after I set it up last night (at around 11 pm)

I made 3 cuts and shut down the unit as per the instructions.

Today I made 2 cuts and on the 3rd cut the machine button started blinking yellow.

I looked up in support how to fix this and it said to shut the machine down and unplug it. Then try again.

This worked but after another cut it blinked yellow again.

I ran through the troubleshoot process again and made another cut.
Now the machine will not cut at all. Only a yellow button.

I’ve paid in full for a machine that should not be having any issues less than 24 hrs into owning it. This is extremely frustrating especially because the error message is not descriptive As to what exactly is causing the “printing stopped” error.

Any help is appreciated!

Check the connection where the ribbon cable attaches to the print head. Although it has a locking clip, it can come loose. I have had it happen to me.

4 Likes

Yellow button generally means it’s too hot or too cold. What is the temp in your Glowforge’s room and do you have a basic or pro?

The Glowforge Basic is designed for use between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 75°F ( 24°C ). The Pro has an expanded operating range up to 81°F ( 27°C ).

4 Likes

I checked that as well, it is solid in its clip.
I’ve combed through this forum and tried all troubleshooting options. Nothing has worked.
Thank you for your input though!!

1 Like

I have a pro, the temp is definitely higher than 60 but definitely not higher than even 80.
Thank you for the tip!

UPDATE:

I left the machine unplugged all night, then plugged it in again this morning and reconnected it to my wifi (which meets the minimum 2.4GB.) I was able to get one cut out of it, when the cut was complete, instead of stopping and returning to the top left corner, the laser stopped where the cut finalized. It did not return back to the resting place, and the error code came up again"printing stopped" with no explanation.

The yellow light is solid again and will not cut anymore no matter how many time I trouble shoot.

I have a Pop-up Shop scheduled for my business this coming Saturday.
I NEED THIS MACHINE TO WORK FOR INVENTORY.

I have yet to hear back from ANYONE at Glowforge whether it be email response or to this thread.
The customer service with this company is nothing less than frustrating and infuriating. I have been trying to contact the company since Wednesday night with no response.

I do understand it is the weekend and I HOPE that is the only reason for radio silence from the Glowforge Team, though I have seen responses to other threads from yesterday.

I love this machine when it works, but it HAS to work!

I understand the limitations of email correspondence, PLEASE call me to discuss this as I have left my phone number in my emails. Thank you.

The yellow light is usually terminal, although orange is often not. Support should be able to check your logs to confirm. Standard response is one business day. They do not offer phone support.

1 Like

Try lowering the temp in the room. 80° is not gonna cut it. (Sorry. Bad pun.) :slightly_smiling_face:

I have a Pro - it has an official upper range limit of 81°F, but I keep the room at about 72°. That might be more than it needs to stay running, but mid 70s is best. If it’s anywhere near 80°, the machine will likely Pause for temp issues. (When it does that - you should see a notice on the App. It used to be near the Start Print button.)

If you do not cancel the print or open the lid, it should resume printing when it has cooled enough. The fan should keep running to evacuate the hot air in it. Sometimes pointing a fan at the air intake at the right side underneath the Glowforge can blow cooler air into it and speed up the cooling process.

The machine heats up when it runs, so you can’t go all the way up to the limits with the temperature around the machine. The Pauses can last for hours if the temperature around the machine isn’t low enough.

(That might not be the issue, but it’s something you can do while you wait to hear from Support.)

2 Likes

There is a sensor to tell the temperature and another to determine if the fans of the head are working properly. If there is an issue with heat or fans you get an error but if there is an issue with the sensors then you also get an error. If you are using magnets to hold the materials that will also mess with the fans and cause an error.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag. I apologize for the delay in response. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints, and compared it with all of the steps you’ve already taken.

After reviewing the logs, we’ve made a small change on our side. When you have a moment, could you please reboot your Glowforge, and then perform a test print?

Please let us know how it goes! Once we can extract the logs from the test print, we’ll send over the next best steps.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.