Yellow Button - nothing is working. Help!

Yellow button- stuck on focusing. Went thru all the steps listed in the help article : cleaning, removing laser head, checking circuit board, cleaned the fan. Let it sit for an hour and it’s still yellow. I wasn’t even using it prior to it turning yellow- it just happened when I turned it on this morning. Bummed

Support can check the logs to see what’s going on, but if you want to upload them here I’d be glad to take a look (I am NOT GF support…)

2 Likes

I’ve already opened a ticket and sent pics. They’re just taking a while to get back to me and I’m impatient I guess :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Support can take several business days to respond.

Here’s a post that covers how to access the machine’s logs:

5 Likes

You’re awesome. Are you getting paid to help like this? Thank you.

1 Like

No.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help, it still didn’t work :pleading_face:

You can’t download the logs?

1 Like

No I used the link attached and it’s not giving me anything

You have to connect your device (laptop, PC) to the GF Wifi first. Then download, and re-connect to your regular wifi.

3 Likes

I got it thank you

1 Like

Two years ago, I was having a nuclear meltdown about my yellow button and @eflyguy came to my rescue. He did not have to take his precious time to help me. He is incredibly nice and has empathy when others are having Glowforge issues.

GF should put him on the payroll!!

He is one of the most giving persons I have come across.

1 Like

@eflyguy (Andrew) knew I was a very happily married wife of 25 years when he rescued me in 2020.

I told my precious husband Eric that I was going to have an affair. Eric says “That is GREAT!! Before Andrew takes you out, I need for him to do a few house maintenance projects!!”

Cut the lawn, weed the gardens, mulch the gardens, fertilize the gardens, wash and wax both cars, wash and groom Jimmy Wayne Westie, wash and groom Black Betty, crawl underneath the house and inspect all the pipes, pressure wash the driveway, pressure wash the brick patio, hand-wash the privacy fence, hand-wash all the windows inside and outside, strip the deck, sand the deck, stain the deck and most important bring a credit card with a very high limit because having me as a girlfriend is going to be very expensive.

Andrew has still not taken me out on a date!!

When he comes here to the GF community and offers his help — he is not doing it for himself — he is offering his help because he truly does care!!!

Well not exactly MYexperience (LOL) but he has certainly been very helpful and courteous.

2 Likes

Some day, but Eric’s coming too… with weapons.

1 Like

I was over at my ex’s a few days ago and needed a pen, my daughter is living in HI for a while but seems she left it with her mom. I’d never actually used it but dang that thing has some mass to it! :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve forgotten which one that is. Is it the .50 caliber pen?

1 Like

Ja, but with red, white and blue! :grinning:

She’s a combat medic.

1 Like

Ahh. This one

3 Likes