Yellow Light after 3 days of having machine set up

My Glowforge worked wonderfully the first few times I’ve used it. Now i’m getting a yellow light constantly and when it does work the cuts are way off. I tried doing the camera calibration as instructed and it kept saying failure while centering, due to Glowforge going off line. I tried to restart it repeatedly and i tried reconnecting my printer head to make sure it wasn’t at all lose. Not sure what else to do. I’ve only had my Glowforge up and running since Sunday, so 3 days. I have several craft shows and customer orders to get taken care of. Please let me know if there’s anything else i can do or adjust at this point.

It sounds very much like a wifi issue. There are a lot of causes that can be intermittent from provider to neighbors wifi on the same wavelengths there are several discussions by folk who know more than I do that you can search in this forum.

2 Likes

I agree.

One thing you can try is to use your phone as a wifi hotspot, and connect the machine to that. See if it behaves differently. If so, then your wifi is almost certainly the problem.

2 Likes

Search threads for “Offline” to find steps to check the wifi.

I ran into this a few times last year & what helped me out of this is changing the channel for my network to 9 or 11 (actually had to change twice to finally get it stable).

And make sure you have your GF on 2.5GHz network, and not using a network that is supposed to run either 2.5 or 5 and let the device decide what it needs (latest Xfinity “improvement”–don’t do it–you might have to call tech support to have it switched back to your controlling what you use–I have 2 networks in my house, one for the GF at 2.5, and rest of my devices on my 5GHz one).

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.